Russell (Russ) Law CPA, CA, CIRP, CFE Partner, President of Crowe MacKay & Company Ltd.
1100-1177 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 4T5T: +1 (604) 687 4511F: +1 (604) 687 5805
Russ has over three decades of experience concentrating on corporate recovery and insolvency. He has expertise in turnaround management, corporate restructuring, business viability reviews, asset realization and estate management. Russ continually strives to present his clients with creative and objective solutions that reflect their unique situations. The legal community appreciates his commitment to the highest standards possible on forensic accounting and litigation support engagements.
Russ has assisted financial institutions, creditors, businesses and lawyers in many aspects of the insolvency and restructuring process and he is able to serve his clients in a number of capacities. He has acted as a trustee in proposals under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, as a receiver and receiver-manager, a trustee in bankruptcy, and as a monitor under the companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act.
- Russ earned his Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Alberta in 1977 and his Chartered Accountant (CA) designation in 1979.
- He became a Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Practitioner (CIRP) in 1985 and was appointed a Licensed Trustee in Bankruptcy in 1987.
- He became a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) in 1995.
- Russ is former chair of the Professional Standards Committee of the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Practitioners (CAIRP).
- He is currently vice chair of the Professional Conduct Committee of the CAIRP.
- Previously, Russ served on the Board of Directors of both the Alberta and BC Associations of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals.
Russell (Russ) Law (Insights)
Services - Insights
Industries - Insights
Stay Connected. Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, important tax and financial insights, specialized reports and bulletins.
Our Clients Speak
"...We are continually impressed with their knowledge, professionalism, and interest in our business. Hiring a great accountant is an important part of growing a successful business and we've made a very good choice."Justin Archer Managing Director, Berlin Advertising and Public Relations