Careers: Senior Manager, Tax
Crowe MacKay LLP is a vibrant team of Chartered Professional Accountants in eight cities across Northern and Western Canada. We believe strong relationships are the cornerstone to success and strive to create innovative solutions for our clients. Crowe MacKay LLP is built on a foundation of diverse talent, delivering expert advice across a spectrum of industries and organizations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Our Vancouver/Surrey office is currently seeking a full-time Senior Manager to join our Tax Group. The successful candidate will report to the Tax partners and will be a career-focused individual that is excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial firm.
Leadership – Commitment to firm-wide initiatives and core values, local involvement in leadership activities, supports service line leadership and embodies a team attitude. Seeks and provides mentorship opportunities.
Client Service Excellence – Understands the importance of building sustainable relationships with clients combining expertise with proactive, creative, and innovative service.
Growth – Understands the necessity to contribute to the growth of the firm through mentorship opportunities, participating in firm-wide committees, utilizing cross-service line selling techniques and is actively growing their individual client list with proven abilities to develop new business.
Quality and Expertise – Is an example of Crowe MacKay’s core values, manages risk effectively, committed to personal development and others development on a professional and personal level, respects firm standards and guidelines, contributor of firm training content and shares expertise with others and is viewed as a “go to” resource for industry/specialty expertise.
Profitability – Ability to envision the components required to create lasting value. Dedicated to effectively manage engagement assets and provide quality service in a timely fashion, accountable to time management, continually looking for improvement of performance metrics in all areas. Creatively finds solutions to encourage firm-wide sharing of assets and resources. Proven ability to drive growth and profitability of industry/specialty area by consistently managing product and margin goals personally and within a team and capitalizing on opportunities as they arise.
People Management and Building Relationships – A proven leader in fostering relationships, developing new business and focus on continually adding value to others. Has a high level of respect for teamwork, professionalism, firm values and expectations. Committed and loyal to the development of our people and inclusive approach to client service excellence.
Duties & Responsibilities include
- Offer tax compliance and planning services to a variety of clients including corporations, partnerships, and trusts
- Demonstrates understanding of client’s industry, marketplace, business trends and technical and industry developments, key performance drivers and proven ability to articulate such to the client• Identify and resolve accounting and tax issues.
- Leads complex engagements, managing the business relationship with a focus on high-value, quality tax advice and seeks to expand services to client• Ability to identify cross-service line opportunities and scope or scale services to the client
- Liaise with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
- Serve as a frontline consultant to clients under direction of Partner
- Recognize team strengths to effectively plan, schedule and delegate to all staff levels to ensure successful execution is in accordance with firm methodologies and guidance, professional standards
- Monitor engagement timelines against goals and objectives and liaising with clients on engagement status, ensuring clarity throughout the process, manages the production of quality deliverables on time, in scope and within budget
- Responsible for managing clients relationships, developing new connections, attracting new business and managing quality of work completed
- Hire, train and mentor new team members in relation to professional and personal development
- Possess a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation (CGA, CMA, CA)
- Is a CPA member in good standing
- Levels 1, 2 & 3 In-Depth Tax Course completion
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in public practice• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Tax Services
- Has recent experience working with owner-managed businesses and private corporations• Strong technical tax consultation skills
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills, problem solving abilities with solid analytical skills• Proven leadership abilities with excellent time management and project management skills
- An innovative thinker, comfortable in a team and client-focused environment
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Proficiency in CaseWare, Caseview, TaxPrep, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required
- Experienced leader with strong team building and coaching skills• Proven ability to bring in new business
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
Want to join our team? Send us your cover letter outlining why you believe you are our successful candidate along with a copy of your resume via email to email@example.com with Senior Manager – Tax in the subject line. Crowe MacKay offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Crowe MacKay LLP is a member firm of Crowe Global, ranked as the eighth largest global accounting network, consisting of 220 independent accounting and advisory services firms in 130 countries around the world. Crowe Global member firms are known for their local knowledge, expertise and experience balanced by an international reputation for the highest quality of service.
Stay Connected. Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, important tax and financial insights, specialized reports and bulletins.
Our Clients Speak
"...We are continually impressed with their knowledge, professionalism, and interest in our business. Hiring a great accountant is an important part of growing a successful business and we've made a very good choice."Justin Archer Managing Director, Berlin Advertising and Public Relations