Careers: Designated Senior Accountant – Yellowknife
Crowe MacKay LLP is a dynamic, growth-oriented, regional firm committed to creating a successful environment for both for our clients and our team. As our Yellowknife office continues to grow, we are actively looking for a permanent full time senior accountant to join our team.
Our Yellowknife staff provide local and remote audit, assurance and tax services to clients across the NWT and Nunavut. We have a diverse client group including Municipal Governments, Not-For-Profit Organizations, Federal and Territorial Government, and privately owned business. If you are have an adventurous side, an entrepreneurial spirit, along with your CPA Designation – we want to hear from you.
- Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals ,businesses, not-for-profit, municipal and first nations with a wide range of accounting, assurance and financial services.
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative effort and discussion.
- Analyzing and preparing personal, trust, corporate tax, GST, T4 and T5 returns including CRA audit and support requests.
- Provide support to clients and staff on general questions regarding accounting, taxations, operations and financial accounting issues.
- In conjunction with and under the supervision of management, responsible for completion of all aspects of the engagement.
- Ability to prepare, complete and review working papers, financial statements and tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for clients in a variety of industry segments.
- Build effective working relationships with clients, and actively participate in business development through community involvement.
- Completion of additional ad-hoc administrative duties or assignments as required.
Qualifications & Personal Attributes
- Professional designation CPA or related legacy CA, CMA, CGA.
- 2-3 years of public accounting experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting standards.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of CaseWare, CaseView, Taxprep and Microsoft Office.
Our firm offers a competitive compensation package, excellent medical and dental benefits, RRSP plans, and consideration for moving allowances should we find the ideal candidate. Extensive travel is a requirement of this position given the region we service. This position reports directly to the partnership group. If this position interests you, please apply at email@example.com with a copy of your resume and cover letter with the subject line: Senior Accountant – Yellowknife.
Stay Connected. Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, important tax and financial insights, specialized reports and bulletins.
Our Clients Speak
"...We are continually impressed with their knowledge, professionalism, and interest in our business. Hiring a great accountant is an important part of growing a successful business and we've made a very good choice."Justin Archer Managing Director, Berlin Advertising and Public Relations