Careers: Senior Accountant – Assurance
Crowe MacKay LLP is a vibrant team of Chartered Professional Accountants with nine offices across Northern and Western Canada. We believe strong relationships are the cornerstone to success and strive to create innovative solutions for our clients. Crowe MacKay LLP is built on a foundation of diverse talent, delivering expert advice across a spectrum of industries and organizations.
Crowe MacKay LLP is excited to grow our team and is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Calgary office. The successful candidate will report to the Partners and will be a career-focused individual that is excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial firm. This individual will be an integral part of our continued growth.
Our Calgary office is made up of audit, entrepreneurial services, not-for-profit accounting and tax services practice areas. Our primary objective is to provide a wide range of accounting and consulting services to a diverse client group. We are a dynamic firm with a commitment to creating an environment for success, both for our team and our clients.
While all professionals see a variety of work in the Calgary office, this role will be focused in the Audit and Assurance practice.
Primary duties will include:
- Preparation and review of audit and review engagements.
- Supervise and lead engagement teams.
- Provide support to clients and staff on general questions in relation to accounting and assurance standards.
- In conjunction with and under the supervision of management, responsible for completion of all aspects of an engagement.
- Mentorship of junior team members, whether as part of a specific engagement team or as a resource within the office.
- Build effective working relationships with clients and actively participate in business development through community involvement.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Professional designation CPA (or legacy CA, CMA, CGA);
- 2-3 years of public accounting experience;
- Strong understanding of Canadian Auditing Standards, Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises in Canada and IFRS (ASNPO, PSAS considered an asset);
- Ability to prepare simple corporate tax returns considered an asset;
- Public company audit experience considered an asset;
- Knowledgeable about advanced and emerging audit approaches and methods;
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills;
- An innovative thinker, comfortable in a team and client-focused environment;
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail;
- Community focused;
- A team player who encourages the success of all;
- Self-starter, able to work independently;
- Takes ownership of assigned work, drives engagements to completion, and takes initiative to share the workload of the team;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Knowledge of CaseWare and, less importantly, Taxprep considered an asset.
Want to join our Team? Send us your cover letter outlining why you believe you are our successful candidate along with a copy of your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Accountant – Assurance in the subject line.
Crowe MacKay offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Crowe MacKay LLP is a member firm of Crowe Global, ranked as the eighth largest global accounting network, consisting of 220 independent accounting and advisory services firms in 130 countries around the world. Crowe Global member firms are known for their local knowledge, expertise and experience balanced by an international reputation for the highest quality of service.
Stay Connected. Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, important tax and financial insights, specialized reports and bulletins.
Our Clients Speak
"...We are continually impressed with their knowledge, professionalism, and interest in our business. Hiring a great accountant is an important part of growing a successful business and we've made a very good choice."Justin Archer Managing Director, Berlin Advertising and Public Relations