Careers: Payroll & Benefits Manager
Our Firm, Our Philosophy, Our Experience
Crowe MacKay LLP is a vibrant team of Chartered Professional Accountants with nine offices across Northern and Western Canada. We believe strong relationships are the cornerstone to success and strive to create innovative solutions for our clients. Crowe MacKay LLP is built on a foundation of diverse talent, delivering expert advice across a spectrum of industries and organizations.
Crowe MacKay LLP is excited to grow our team and is currently seeking an ambitious Payroll and Benefits Manager to join our firm. We are a dynamic group working in a fast-paced environment looking for someone that is career-focused, and excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial firm.
Reporting directly to the CFO, this position will oversee Payroll and Benefits firm-wide. This individual will be an integral part of our continued growth and will play a key role in ensuring that we are meeting the needs of our organization now and in the future.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for modernization and centralization of payroll and benefit functions for our 9 locations
- Ensure compliance with all federal and provincial statutes regarding payroll functions across multiple jurisdictions
- Liaise between benefit carrier, broker and employees
- Identify, develop and implement changes to payroll policies, systems and procedures
- Various projects and accounting duties as required
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience with full-cycle payroll & benefits management required
- Certified Payroll Management designation, or equivalent
- Ability to develop, document and implement improvements in payroll processes
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now software considered an asset
- Experience with Payroll software implementation considered an asset
- Experience with outsourced and in-house payroll software required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Outlook, Access etc.) and specifically advanced knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage change working with multiple stakeholders
- Proven leadership skills
- Prior experience in professional services would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and works well in a team setting
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, strong ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Experience in provinces and territories in which we operate considered an asset
- It is anticipated that this position would commence as soon as a suitable candidate is chosen. At Crowe MacKay we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Want to join our Team?
Send us a cover letter, resume outlining why you believe you are our successful candidate, and your preferred salary via email to email@example.com with the subject line: Payroll & Benefits Manager.
Please note only successful candidates with complete applications will be contacted for an interview. We will keep this ad posted until a suitable candidate is found.
As a part of the interview process, a criminal record and credit check will be required prior to official hire.
Crowe MacKay LLP is a member firm of Crowe Global, ranked as the eighth largest global accounting network, consisting of 220 independent accounting and advisory services firms in 130 countries around the world. Crowe Global member firms are known for their local knowledge, expertise and experience balanced by an international reputation for the highest quality of service. To learn more, click here.
Stay Connected. Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, important tax and financial insights, specialized reports and bulletins.
Our Clients Speak
"...We are continually impressed with their knowledge, professionalism, and interest in our business. Hiring a great accountant is an important part of growing a successful business and we've made a very good choice."Justin Archer Managing Director, Berlin Advertising and Public Relations