Careers: Manager – Tax
OUR FIRM, OUR PHILOSOPHY, OUR EXPERIENCE
Crowe MacKay LLP is a vibrant team of Chartered Professional Accountants with nine offices across Northern and Western Canada. We believe strong relationships are the cornerstone to success and strive to create innovative solutions for our clients. Crowe MacKay LLP is built on a foundation of diverse talent, delivering expert advice across a spectrum of industries and organizations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Our Kelowna office is currently seeking a full-time Manager to join our Tax Group. The successful candidate will report to the Tax partners and will be a career-focused individual that is excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial firm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Offer tax compliance and planning services to a variety of clients including corporations, partnerships, and trusts
- Manage and review tax files and engagements independently and effectively
- Research tax issues and prepare internal and external memorandums
- Liaise with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals
- Leads complex engagements, managing the business relationship with a focus on high-value, quality tax advice and seeks to expand services to client
- Recognizes client issues and risk tolerance and provides appropriate firm services
- Demonstrate understanding of client’s industry, marketplace, business trends and technical and industry developments, key performance drivers and proven ability to communicate such to the client
- Identify and resolve accounting and tax issues
- Successfully delegate to all levels of staff. Provide guidance and training for staff members to enhance their career development within the firm.
- Foster positive working relationships with client personnel, co-workers
- Responsible for managing client relationships, winning new work and managing quality of work completed
- Mentor and coach other managers and junior staff
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- CPA designation (CGA, CMA, CA)
- Completed, enrolled in or willing to enroll in the CICA In-Depth Tax Course
- Minimum of 4-5 years of Public Practice experience in the tax specialty
- Prior experience in owner-managed private company work considered an asset
- Excellent project management, time management and leadership skills
- An innovative thinker, comfortable in a team and client-focused environment
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, technical and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Problem solver with solid analytical skills
- Experience in CaseWare / Caseview and TaxPrep an asset
- Experience in a paperless environment considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
Want to join our Team? Send us your cover letter outlining why you believe you are our successful candidate along with a copy of your resume via email to Kel.Resume@crowemackay.ca with Manager –Tax in the subject line. Crowe MacKay offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Crowe MacKay LLP is a member firm of Crowe Global, ranked as the eighth largest global accounting network, consisting of more than 220 independent accounting and advisory services firms in 130 countries around the world. Crowe Global member firms are known for their local knowledge, expertise and experience balanced by an international reputation for the highest quality of service.
Stay Connected. Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, important tax and financial insights, specialized reports and bulletins.
Our Clients Speak
"...We are continually impressed with their knowledge, professionalism, and interest in our business. Hiring a great accountant is an important part of growing a successful business and we've made a very good choice."Justin Archer Managing Director, Berlin Advertising and Public Relations