Careers: Manager or Senior Manager – Audit and Assurance
OUR FIRM, OUR PHILOSOPHY, OUR EXPERIENCE
Crowe MacKay LLP is a vibrant team of Chartered Professional Accountants with nine offices across Northern and Western Canada. We believe strong relationships are the cornerstone to success and strive to create innovative solutions for our clients. Crowe MacKay LLP is built on a foundation of diverse talent, delivering expert advice across a spectrum of industries and organizations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Our Kelowna office is currently seeking a full-time Manager or Senior Manager to join our Assurance Group. The successful candidate will report to the Assurance partners and will be a career-focused individual that is excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial firm. Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidate.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and review audit, review and compilation engagements independently and effectively
- Deliver complete product to the Partner on a timely basis
- Demonstrate understanding of client’s industry, marketplace, business trends and technical and industry developments, key performance drivers and proven ability to communicate such to the client
- Progress management of engagement teams based on audit plans, providing recommendations as required
- Identifying and resolving accounting, audit and tax issues
- Successfully delegating to all levels of staff. Providing guidance and training for staff members to enhance their career development within the firm.
- Foster positive working relationships with client personnel, co-workers
- Responsible for managing client relationships, winning new work and managing quality of work completed
- Responsible for managing client portfolio
- Mentor and coach other managers and junior staff
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- CPA designation with 4-7+ years assurance experience (CGA, CMA, CA)
- Sound knowledge of the CPA Canada Handbook, review procedures and tax compliance
- Prior experience in the industries our firm currently supports considered an asset
- Excellent project management, time management and leadership skills
- An innovative thinker, comfortable in a team and client-focused environment
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, technical and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Problem solver with solid analytical skills
- Experience in CaseWare / Caseview and TaxPrep an asset
- Experience in a paperless environment considered an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing deadlines
Want to join our Team? Send us your cover letter outlining why you believe you are our successful candidate along with a copy of your resume via email to Kel.Resume@crowemackay.ca with Assurance Manager in the subject line. Crowe MacKay offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Crowe MacKay LLP is a member firm of Crowe Global, ranked as the eighth largest global accounting network, consisting of 220 independent accounting and advisory services firms in 130 countries around the world. Crowe Global member firms are known for their local knowledge, expertise and experience balanced by an international reputation for the highest quality of service.
Stay Connected. Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, important tax and financial insights, specialized reports and bulletins.
Our Clients Speak
"...We are continually impressed with their knowledge, professionalism, and interest in our business. Hiring a great accountant is an important part of growing a successful business and we've made a very good choice."Justin Archer Managing Director, Berlin Advertising and Public Relations