Careers: Manager, Audit and Assurance
Our Firm, Our Philosophy, Our Experience
Crowe MacKay LLP is a vibrant team of Chartered Professional Accountants with nine offices across Northern and Western Canada. We believe strong relationships are the cornerstone to success and strive to create innovative solutions for our clients. Crowe MacKay LLP is built on a foundation of diverse talent, delivering expert advice across a spectrum of industries and organizations.
Crowe MacKay LLP is excited to grow our team and is currently seeking an ambitious full-time Manager to join our Sechelt office. The successful candidate will report to the Partners and will be a career-focused individual that is excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial firm. This individual will be an integral part of our continued growth on the Sunshine Coast in a casual, fun and flexible work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities of your Role:
- Assign work, field questions and oversee a team of senior accountants and staff accountants providing support to ensure overall progress and satisfaction or the team
- Demonstrate an understanding of clients’ industry, marketplace, business trends and technical and industry developments, key performance drivers and proven ability to communicate such to the client
- Assist Senior Managers/Partners in managing client relationships
- Reviewing your team’s work prior to obtaining file completion and Partner sign-off
- Effectively manage workload, deadlines and client expectations
- Identifying and resolving accounting, audit and tax issues proactively through collaboration with Senior Managers/Partners
- Successfully delegating to all levels of staff while providing guidance and training to staff members to enhance their career development within the firm
- Foster positive working relationships with client personnel, and colleagues
- Dedication to continuous learning and development as an accounting professional
- Proactively ensure high employee engagement and client satisfaction
- Mentor and coach senior and staff accountants
Skills & Requirements for Success:
- Minimum five years of post-designation public practice work experience
- Sound knowledge of the CPA Canada Handbook, review procedures and tax compliance
- Prior experience in the industries our firm currently supports considered an asset
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities
- Ability to proactively identify and collaborate to solve problems and multitask effectively to ensure firm efficiency
- Proven ability to take files and/or jobs to point of Partner review
- Ability to proactively solve problems and multitask effectively to ensure firm efficiency
- An innovative thinker, comfortable in a team and client-focused environment
- Community focused
- A team player who encourages the success of all
Want to join our Team? Send us your cover letter outlining why you believe you are our successful candidate along with a copy of your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager – Sechelt in the subject line. Crowe MacKay offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Crowe MacKay LLP is a member firm of Crowe Global, ranked as the eighth largest global accounting network, consisting of 220 independent accounting and advisory services firms in 130 countries around the world. Crowe Global member firms are known for their local knowledge, expertise and experience balanced by an international reputation for the highest quality of service.
Stay Connected. Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, important tax and financial insights, specialized reports and bulletins.
Our Clients Speak
"...We are continually impressed with their knowledge, professionalism, and interest in our business. Hiring a great accountant is an important part of growing a successful business and we've made a very good choice."Justin Archer Managing Director, Berlin Advertising and Public Relations