Careers: Licensed Insolvency Trustee
Crowe MacKay & Company Ltd. is seeking a Licensed Insolvency Trustee to join our dynamic restructuring services practice. Our practice serves financial institutions, shareholders and management in both commercial and consumer matters.
We are always looking for talented people to join our team at Crowe MacKay & Company Ltd. The success of our firm can be attributed in large part to our people who provide with passion the highest quality of service both locally and globally. We are currently seeking a Licensed Insolvency Trustee to work out of our Edmonton office.
The successful candidate will work out of our Edmonton office and work directly with the Insolvency group to ensure the firms continued growth within our markets and maintaining our reputation for quality of service and results. The Licensed Insolvency Trustee will be responsible for the insolvencies of mid-market enterprises and bankruptcy files working under strict confidence, be flexible and adaptable within a fast paced environment.
- Assist with all aspects of bankruptcy, restructuring and receivership engagements and oversee insolvency engagements
- Advise on current bankruptcy laws and practices, management of corporate insolvencies (including acting as Trustee of Bankrupt estates), management of recovery (including acting as Receivers), and assisting troubled companies, advising lenders, creditors or shareholders through financial reviews, business turnarounds, financial restructuring (formal or informal), bankruptcies and liquidations.
- Ongoing communications with debtors, creditors, the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy, and the Courts through creditor meetings, reports, attendance at Court, etc.
- Ability to identify, target, and develop referral sources.
- Assist with practice development assignments.
- Travel to other offices and off site locations as required.
- Flexibility to meet individuals during off-hours.
Skills & Qualification
- 5+ years working in insolvency
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee designation
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of insolvency rules, laws and procedures.
- Able to liaise well with staff and outside parties.
- Excellent written/verbal communication.
- Good working knowledge of Ascend software.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills.
- Able to prioritize with the flexibility to manage workload demands and multiple tasks as required.
- Accounting designation (CPA/CA/CMA/CGA) an asset.
- Exemplifies self-motivation, marketability, strong work ethic, reliability and ability to evolve with the Crowe MacKay vision
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Crowe MacKay LLP is a member firm of Crowe Global, ranked as the eighth largest global accounting network, consisting of 220 independent accounting and advisory services firms in 130 countries around the world. Crowe Global member firms are known for their local knowledge, expertise and experience balanced by an international reputation for the highest quality of service.
Stay Connected. Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, important tax and financial insights, specialized reports and bulletins.
Our Clients Speak
"...We are continually impressed with their knowledge, professionalism, and interest in our business. Hiring a great accountant is an important part of growing a successful business and we've made a very good choice."Justin Archer Managing Director, Berlin Advertising and Public Relations