Careers: Chartered Business Valuator (CBV), Valuations and Litigation Support
Crowe MacKay LLP is a vibrant team of Chartered Professional Accountants in eight cities across Northern and Western Canada. We believe strong relationships are the cornerstone to success and strive to create innovative solutions for our clients.
Crowe MacKay’s Vancouver office is currently seeking CBVs to join our fast growing Valuation and Litigation Support team, and welcome interest from candidates at a variety of stages in their career. We have opportunities from Senior Analysts to Senior Manager positions available.
Crowe MacKay’s valuation group is situated in our Vancouver office and provides regional services across Northern and Western Canada, offering a wide range of valuation and related services. The ideal candidates will be ambitious, naturally curious, have a keen interest in problem solving, an eye for detail, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you can expect from us:
- Exceptional prospects for advancement;
- Exposure to diverse work (see below);
- High-level of responsibility;
- Assistance in developing your personal brand and practice;
- A flat organizational structure and continuous hands-on mentoring;
- A friendly, team-oriented environment;
- Great work-life balance; and
- A competitive financial package.
Type of work we do include:
- Litigation support in the areas of family law, shareholder disputes, general commercial litigation, insurance claims, and personal injury;
- Fair value for financial reporting;
- Corporate finance – valuations in connection with the purchase and sale of business interests, due diligence services (quality of earnings reports), and assisting both purchasers and sellers in the negotiation of terms for the purchase;
- Financial modelling, preparation of business assessments, viability studies, and computer based financial projections; and
- Valuations in the context of corporate reorganizations; estate planning assignments; management buy outs; going private transactions (fairness opinions); formal valuations; and shareholder and employee share purchases.
Skills and requirements:
- BV designation
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, well organized, ability to prioritize tasks
- Self-motivated, team player
- Interested candidates do not need to have experience in the types of work we do in order to apply.
If you meet the qualifications and skills for this role and are excited about growth, please submit your completed application in confidence, inclusive of a cover letter, resume, and preferred salary, to Daniel Sturgess at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject CBV.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. We will keep this ad posted until a suitable candidate is found.
Crowe MacKay LLP is a member firm of Crowe Global, ranked as the eighth largest global accounting network, consisting of more than 220 independent accounting and advisory services firms, in 130 countries around the world. Crowe Global member firms are known for their local knowledge, expertise, and experience, balanced by an international reputation for the highest quality of service.
Read more about us here.
Stay Connected. Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, important tax and financial insights, specialized reports and bulletins.
Our Clients Speak
"...We are continually impressed with their knowledge, professionalism, and interest in our business. Hiring a great accountant is an important part of growing a successful business and we've made a very good choice."Justin Archer Managing Director, Berlin Advertising and Public Relations