Careers: Tax Manager
Crowe MacKay LLP is a vibrant team of Chartered Professional Accountants with nine offices across Northern and Western Canada. We believe strong relationships are the cornerstone to success and strive to create innovative solutions for our clients. Crowe MacKay LLP is built on a foundation of diverse talent, delivering expert advice across a spectrum of industries and organizations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Our Vancouver/Surrey office is currently seeking a full-time Manager to join our Tax Group. The successful candidate will report to the Tax partnership group, is career-focused, has 4 years post CPA designation, has completed levels 1, 2 & 3 of the In-Depth Tax program and is someone that is excited to join a growth-oriented, entrepreneurial firm.
Leadership – Commitment to firm-wide initiatives and core values, local involvement in leadership activities, supports service line leadership and embodies a team attitude. Seeks and provides mentorship opportunities.
Client Service Excellence – Understands the importance of building sustainable relationships with clients combining expertise with proactive, creative, and innovative service.
Growth – Understands the necessity to contribute to the growth of the firm through mentorship opportunities, participating in firm-wide committees, utilizing cross-service line selling techniques and is actively growing their individual client list.
Quality and Expertise – Is an example of Crowe MacKay’s core values, manages risk effectively, committed to personal development and others development on a professional and personal level, respects firm standards and guidelines, contributor of firm training content and shares expertise with others.
Profitability – Ability to envision the components required to create lasting value. Dedicated to effectively manage engagement assets and provide quality service in a timely fashion, accountable to time management, continually looking for improvement of performance metrics in all areas. Creatively finds solutions to encourage firm-wide sharing of assets and resources.
People Management and Building Relationships – A proven leader in making connections and focus on continually adding value to others. Has a high level of respect for teamwork, professionalism, firm values and expectations. Committed and loyal to the development of our people and inclusive approach to client service.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Anticipate client needs and adapt to client priorities accordingly
- Articulate client issues and identify opportunities to client service team and client
- Ability to communicate technical issues and conclusions in a non-technical manner
- Identify cross-service line opportunities with keen interest to develop an awareness of how to scope or scale services to the client
- Coordinate tax activities and develop relationships/connections with the client at a strategic level
- Liaise with clients for matters relating to billings and collection
- Serve as a frontline consultant to clients under direction of Partner or Senior Manager
- Recognize team strengths to effectively plan, schedule and coordinate tax engagements that ensure successful execution is in accordance with firm methodologies and guidance, professional standards
- Monitor engagement timelines against goals and objectives and liaising with clients on engagement status, ensuring clarity throughout the process, manages the production of quality deliverables on time, in scope and within budget
- Deliver industry and technical expertise through client interactions, written reports, technical work, and the production of high quality deliverables
- High level of client service excellence and client management
- Create growth and profitability through business development
- Be a Crowe MacKay ambassador at networking events, seek interactions that could formulate into a potential opportunity
- People management and relationship development by facilitating positive internal and external business connections
- Hire, train and mentor new team members in relation to professional and personal development
- Possess a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation
- Is a CPA member in good standing
- Levels 1, 2 & 3 In-Depth Tax completion
- Strong technical tax consultation skills
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in public practice
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Tax Services
- Has experience working with owner-managed businesses and private corporations
- Proficiency in CaseWare, CaseView, TaxPrep, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills required
- Experienced leader with strong team building and coaching skills
Want to join our Team? Send us your cover letter outlining why you believe you are our successful candidate along with a copy of your resume via email to email@example.com with Manager –Tax in the subject line. Crowe MacKay offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Crowe MacKay LLP is a member firm of Crowe Global, ranked as the eighth largest global accounting network, consisting of 220 independent accounting and advisory services firms in 130 countries around the world. Crowe Global member firms are known for their local knowledge, expertise and experience balanced by an international reputation for the highest quality of service.
Stay Connected. Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, important tax and financial insights, specialized reports and bulletins.
Our Clients Speak
"...We are continually impressed with their knowledge, professionalism, and interest in our business. Hiring a great accountant is an important part of growing a successful business and we've made a very good choice."Justin Archer Managing Director, Berlin Advertising and Public Relations