What is Forensic Accounting?
Forensic accounting is a specialty field that investigates possible white-collar crimes that are committed through accounting and auditing procedures. As the detectives of the financial world, certified forensic accountants investigate possible cases of insurance fraud, banking crimes and other accounting discrepancies with commercial enterprises.
With discretion, forensic accountants examine financial records and anticipate the actions of criminals seeking to hide their criminal activity. Knowing how to discover the inconsistencies in balance sheets, bank accounts, expense reports and inventory reports is arguably more an art form than a numbers game.
At Crowe MacKay you will find accounting professionals with demonstrated experience in forensic accounting. We are an experienced forensic-accounting firm in Western Canada. We can help with:
- Investigating suspected fraudulent activity;
- • Analyzing the data uncovered through a comprehensive and thorough review of all pertinent financial records and business correspondences;
- • Calculating the financial loss and uncovering exactly how it transpired;
- • Preparing a report to summarize all findings and articulate a plan of action; and
- • Helping companies resolve issues when there is suspicion that accounting fraud has been committed by employees, directors or company officers.
To find out more about our forensic-accounting and business-investigation services, please contact your local Crowe MacKay office.
From the Forensics Practice
Stay Connected. Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, important tax and financial insights, specialized reports and bulletins.
Our Clients Speak
"...We are continually impressed with their knowledge, professionalism, and interest in our business. Hiring a great accountant is an important part of growing a successful business and we've made a very good choice."Justin Archer Managing Director, Berlin Advertising and Public Relations